Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Hot Doggies!!! We're Headin' Home!!

Whew....finally this miserable trip is over! Well, it's not quite over but we're heading for Air Force One and as far as I'm concerned that's the official end of it. Once I get my boo-tay on that plane I'm in heaven, but I've told you all that before. You know the best thing about the plane? I mean besides all the free food and champagne and all? The BED!! While everyone else is trying to sleep in those uncomfortable seats or they're having to stay up to fly the plane or whatever, we're racked out in a California King with nice crispy sheets and soundproof walls. Man, sleepin' in that plane is like sleepin' in a boat with nice gentle rocking and all. Of course it doesn't hurt that I've usually knocked back a couple bottles of the bubbly before I turn in, but still it's one great sleepin' bed.

Let's see if there's anything interesting to talk about. Hmmmm....well....B-Man and I toured some church in Istanbul for what seemed like hours yesterday. They made us take our shoes off so we wouldn't dishonor the gods or something, so B-Man wandered around in his socks and I just wore my hose....which were totally trashed by the time we finished the tour. Honestly, I had runs all the way up to my crotch and my feet were super nasty from the floor. You may have to take your shoes off but nobody thought a thing about throwing cigarette butts and trash on the floor...which I STEPPED ON a lot. It was disgusting. Speaking of disgusting, you should have seen the bathrooms in that place!! They were just these slits in the floor that you had to squat over, and evidently the women didn't know how to aim very well. So there I am with no shoes on standing in other peoples' old pee trying to hold my nose with one hand and my dress with the other. But there was no way around it unless I just wanted to have an accident. When I got back to the hotel I put my feet in the tub for about an hour with all kinds of soap and stuff.

So that was about all we did. Of course we met a bunch of people and acted really polite and friendly. B-Man met with some of the Turkish leaders for a while. I saw them and they looked like they should have been out herding goats or something but I guess they were important enough to talk to B-Man. Frankly I haven't been impressed with any of the countries we've visited yet except for France. Man, I LOVE France!!! It's beautiful and the food is fantastic and I just like to hear those French people talk even though I'm clueless about what they're saying. Hee hee.

So we're heading home and then I guess B-Man might have to actually do some work. He hardly does anything at all, work-wise, I have to be honest with you. He's a really good campaigner and speech-reader and all but he doesn't do much of anything for real work. He just lets other people do it, like Nancy Pelosi and Tim Geithner and Rahm. I heard him tell them one time, "Look, my job was to get us into power..now you guys have to run the country while I act important and smart", so that's what he does.

Well, I'm starting to get sleepy now so maybe it's time to catch a cat-nap. Maybe I'll write more later.

Toodles
Michelle
XOXOXOXOX

No comments:

Post a Comment